In addition to our own website, there are other sites on the Web that provide interesting and helpful dental information. Because we are committed to improving the oral healthcare knowledge of our patients, we are providing the following selection of links to other sites you might find interesting and informative. We have grouped some of the links into various categories to provide quick access to the topics of greatest interest to you.
If you have a suggestion for a new link, please send us an email, as we are always looking for good resources to pass along to our valued patients and visitors to our website. We hope you find these sites helpful!
- The world’s leading source for trustworthy and timely health and medical news and information. Providing credible health information, supportive community, and educational services by blending award-winning expertise in content, community services, expert commentary, and medical review.
- Kids Healthworks
- Free parenting resources, child safety tips, child health questions, and more. This is the parenting resource site for the broadcast television series Kids Healthworks developed in conjunction with the American Academy of Pediatrics and currently airing on Discovery Health Channel.
- American Dental Association
- Provides information for the general public including dental care articles, dental insurance information, and information for students interested in dentistry.
- Consumer health news, information and resources updated daily. Features include mini-checkups, health library, medical search and more.
- Tobacco Information (Quit smoking!)
- Several resources and information to help those who smoke to quit. Smoking is terribly harmful to your teeth and a healthy smile.
- Tobacco and Cancer
- Resource for those who want to stop smoking, as well as other information on cancer. Smoking greatly increases a person’s chances of oral cancers.
- Site providing expert information on quitting smoking.
- Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
- Working to expose Big Tobacco’s lies, the Campaign reveals the truth about
the deadly effects of smoking, tobacco’s corporate public relations campaigns to convince the public that it is a reformed industry, and the advertising and marketing tactics tobacco companies use to entice youth as their new customers.
- Oral Health Care & Products
- Links to sites providing helpful information on oral health and home care products patients can use to maintain optimum oral health.
- Learn how the Sonicare toothbrush creates an indescribable clean feeling, the benefits you can expect, and even take a factory tour.
- Academy of General Dentistry
- The AGD’s consumer information site “Know Your Teeth” provides information on more than 50 oral dental health topics.
- Trusted resource for dental health information and oral care products.
- One of the world’s most trusted brands in dental products.
- National Museum of Dentistry
- The museum, a Smithsonian Institution Affiliate, is a lively national centerwhere visitors learn the importance of a healthy smile and are fascinated
by the rich history of dentistry.